Pages

Tuesday, October 30, 2018

A 12-Year-Old's Perspective

Happy November!

     This time I want to share a poem I wrote for my Dad's memorial service. It's not an example of artistic excellence but it is a glimpse into my grieving twelve-year-old mind and heart. I guess I've been using creativity to process my emotions for a long time.
     To be honest, I typed it out from memory and it might not be the exact words I said at the memorial service. I know it's not an accurate description of every dad or even most, but it is an honest discription of how I saw mine and it points to the character of my Father in Heaven.
     I hope you enjoyed this glimpse into my twelve-year-old heart:

"A father is someone who loves and protects
Our Heavenly Father's love reflects
A father is someone to always trust
A father's love will never rust
Though other father's I'm sure are fine
No other father is quite like mine."

-L.

No comments:

Post a Comment