Pages

Thursday, June 22, 2017

Quality Time

One thing I remember with lots of smiles is going on "dates with Dad". Every month or so my daddy took me out to a fun restaurant for dinner or ice cream and we just spent time together. There was one restaurant where they always had live music so he and I would dance. I loved it so much!

     I've been thinking recently about the importance of quality time with God. Not just coming to him when you have a problem (like going to my dad when I felt sick) although that's also important. Spending time just being still and remembering who God is and that He is present is also important.
It's a little confusing for me because I love to study the Bible. I have questions and I want to find the answers and that's good, but that isn't restful. So sometimes I think that I need to look to other things for rest but I've been so wrong about that.
     My relationship with my dad had many aspects. He helped out when I felt sick, he tried to answer my questions on everything for theology to why gravity works, we did yard work together and sometimes just spent time together.
     If my relationship with a human being can be so varied than why not my relationship with the triune God?
     So I spend time studying scripture, I spend time telling God about my day and asking him to work in the things that are on my heart, and now I'm learning to be still in his presence, to remind myself of simple truth from His word and rest, know that he is God.
-L.


No comments:

Post a Comment